Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dignity and rule

Marjan is a teenager girl who is from a wealthy Iranian family, She would like to wear western cloth and she was happy when she wore Nike shoes or another famous brands cloth. I do not blame her because she was too young to understand what was the situation and the war in Iran. The war was so horrible for every body especially for those who was not rich to hide from fighter which did bombarded many cities.Marjan family wanted to send her daughter to Austrian and she get an education.While i read that there are some sentences at the Persepolis book was so intersting to me, and touch my heart and my feeling. Her Dad told Marjan when you leave your country "don't ever forget who you are"(148), and her grand mom told her "always keep your dignity and be true to yourself"(150). This would be so nice to tell to your children keep your dignity and be yourself, no matter when or where you live. Although Marjan family was rich and not much think about the war situation in Iran, they were at list would like to be Iranian and keep their culture and dignity while they are out of Iran. Another issue was and now are still Exist,that is the guardian who`talk to people at street or public place, they talk to those who are not obey the rule of cloth. I think this cloth rule is good, but it should not to do any force to ladies or girls. This rule is a fact that all girls should accept by themselves in spit of their believe, and they should study and research about of veil or hejab, they understand why they wear hejab. This is a compelitly personal faith and believe,nobody should not force to anybody what they wear and when they should wear,for this reason, I do not agree to have guardian at street in Iran."Aren't you ashamed to wear tight jeans like these"(133).In any country it should be freedom for people.

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you. Her parents send a her away with a very strong and important message. I'm not sure what the second half of this book will be like , but I am sure that this message will be mentioned or revisited somehow. I understand the country not wanting girls to be exposed, yet I do not believe it is right. One of the best part of being young is to dress up and have freedom to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on two points. First, I completely agree that one should never loose themselves and their dignity. They should never be asahamed of who they are or where they are from. We have had many great people emerged in history who started out as nothing; however, because they stayed true to themselves, they were able to make a difference. When I moved to US, I almost lost my culture, but fortunately it came back to me before it was to late. Secondly, I also agree that a scarf should never be force upon anyone. It should be a personal decision and no one should be allowed to influence that decision. The point that I did not agree with was: "Although Marjan family was rich and not much think about the war situation in Iran." I think that Marjane family, although they were wealthy, did suffer from the war. They not only lost their neighbors, but they also lost a family member who suffered from a heart attack due to bombing and later passed away. I feel that no matter how rich a person is, he or she will be affected from a devastating event. They might not be as affected as other people, but chances are that they will experience the psychological effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you on the law of the veil. I think its good but i dont agree that anyone should be forced to wear anything they dont like. I also agrre that if you were wealthy while the war was going on your chances of survival were a lot better. And i have too add that from ive read Marjanes family doesnt seem to be dicrectly affecting them. Its amazing to me how they still have time to party and shop and worry about their hair and clothing. I would think that everyone is worried sick about their families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great comments and discussion here! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete