Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The War in Iran

When a big wave comes lower your head and let it pass ( 94).

The Persepolis novel took me to twenty years ago and touch my awful feeling that i had that time when I was in Iran during the war. My country was in war for eight years, all people were involved in war as well as soldiers. While soldiers fight around the border at the same time the F-14 fighter jets of Iraqis bomborded many cities and killing many civilians including children and women. My opinion is not the same as the writer about the situation in Iran during the war, it is different, I think her family was rare on that time. They did not care really about the war, and about people who had been killed every day by enemies. They talk about their personal issue, the author's intention was not the same as many people who lived in Iran while the war was going on. They believed when a big wave comes lower your head and let it pass (94). This scene was not right compare to the feeling of 95% of Iranian people who experiences the war. Iranian people helping each other and helping the government to win the war. Everybody was affected by the war even children. My son was nine month old when Iraqi fighters bombarded our capital Tehran, he would cry and his body would shake when the sound of alarm of emergency situations started from TV or radio, it was a horrible feeling for every body who were in war. The novel is fiction, but it touched my feeling and reminded me of the horrible memories of the war. Lastly, Marjan and I were in Iran at the same time and the same place and have had a similar situation during the war, but compare to each other we had and probably have a different feeling about our country Iran during the war (100).

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that we have someone that actully live during "The War in Iran" was in process. We now have an actual person that was there and witness what was happening. I knew this story was too good to be true. Once I found out it was fictional noval, to me its lost it essence. But I still enjoy reading it. I found myself drawn into the character and connect with them. But, once I took a step back, I realized that they are fictitious character. I would love to listen to your story and your insight on what was happening during that war. I rather listen to it from the horse mouth than the farmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear any more personal stories from you. My mother is from Iran, but she left the country before the war so her stories aren't as interesting. Plus, she was only there until she was about 23 years old, so the main part of her life wasn't in her own country. I feel like I don't know enough about the country so I would love to hear what else you have to say.

    ReplyDelete