Monday, November 14, 2011

Difficult paper

I start to read the Dubious Battle story book little by little every night,While i read more I understand the book is hard to read and it is hard to realize. As i read my classmate paper, i recognize my other classmate had the same problem as me. For them also this book is hard to read. This book is belong to the years of depression that is the year of 1930. In addition,that time was some farmers had farm and many people were labors and worked hard for their boss, and farmers worked hard to earn  money to live but their waged was low. This  is the same strategy that  happen again today. I read the UFW Website which farmers working hard today, and nobody want to care about their health any more, the company think about their benefit not problems that maybe occur for farmers at farm. The same story was happened on the 1930 for farmers, many capitalism do not think about the humanitarian or for farmers’ safety which at the dubious battle talk about this strategy also. At this book Jim is one the star in this story, he lost his sister when his sister was so young, she was only sixteen years old when she disappeared one day from home and she never came back home. Actually he was so alone and he feels lonely, Jim had a hard situation in his life. Another reason The Dubious Battle is hard to read because, there are many slang on that. For example Jim rubbed his eyes hard. "I feel slugged again". which it is hard to understand 

1 comment:

  1. The book was hard to grasp! I not only found it hard to connect with the plot, but I also had hard time with the slangs that many character used, especially Mac. I also agree with you on the unfair treatment of farmers. Sadly, most of their problems have not been solved. They face same issues that they had faced in the past. They not only get cheated, but they are also the first to feel an economical crises.

    ReplyDelete